Bluestones Medical is currently looking for Night Residential Support Workers to join our client based near Brighton!!
The position is full time or part time (NIGHTS), working year round or term time only. This is working within a residential school, in which the pupils have a range of needs of which are mostly Learning Disabilities. In the last inspection, the school was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Hours of work:
Nights start at 10 pm and are rostered with shifts finishing at approximately 10 am
Due to this being a year-round and also term time position the salaries are as follows:
4 nights – £19897.20
3 nights – £14922.90
2 nights – £9948.60
4 nights – £17989.04
3 nights – £13491.78
2 nights – £8994.52
As well as a competitive salary you will benefit from
- Generous annual leave entitlement (dependent on the number of days worked)
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to works scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Additional employee discounts
The ideal candidate:
- Although experience isn’t essential it is preferred.
- Ideally, have had exposure to have worked within a caring environment
- Knowledge of learning disabilities
- Someone who is keen and willing to learn new skills
- Be adaptable and friendly
- Ideally, have NVQ/QCF in Health and Social care
- Ideally be a driver
- Have a basic grasp of English both written and verbal as well as Maths
Roles and Responsibilities:
These include but by no means limited to:
- Promote the rights of residents, and make sure they are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Gain trust and establish supportive relationships with residents and encourage them and there potential, but doing so without crossing boundaries
- Be resident aware – some do have additional needs in the night
- Assisting residents with personal care, including washing, dressing and incontinence
- Be proactive in the care of residents, be part of there overall care in implementing or helping to implement care plans and update as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the home
- Accurate record keeping – maintaining daily notes
For further details, give our Newport branch a call 01633 415346 asking for James. Additionally, you can e-mail your CV to James@bluestonesmedical.co.uk or apply through the website.
Look forward to hearing from you!