Bluestones Medical is currently looking for Residential Support Workers to join our client based in Seaford!!
The position is full time or part time days and nights, working year round or term time only. This is working within a residential school, in which the pupils have a range of needs of which are mostly Learning Disabilities. In the last inspection, the school was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Hours of work:
Hours vary depending on shift worked, whether it’s days or nights.
Salary differ dependent on the contract offered. Contracts available are 52 week and term time (38 week) contracts, based over days or nights. Salary starts from £8990 (2 nights a week term time only) up to £19898.00 (full time 52 weeks)
- As well as a competitive salary you will benefit from
- Generous annual leave entitlement (dependent on the number of days worked)
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to works scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Additional employee discounts
The ideal candidate:
- Although experience isn’t essential it is preferred.
- Ideally, have had exposure to have worked within a caring environment
- Ideally, you will have worked within a challenging behaviour environment or worked with people who have Autism
- Knowledge of learning disabilities
- Someone who is keen and willing to learn new skills
- Be adaptable and friendly
- Ideally, have NVQ/QCF in Health and Social care
- Ideally be a driver
Have a basic grasp of English both written and verbal as well as Maths
Roles and Responsibilities:
These include but by no means limited to:
- Promote the rights of residents, and make sure they are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Gain trust and establish supportive relationships with residents and encourage them and there potential, but doing so without crossing boundaries
- Be resident aware – some do have additional needs in the night
- Assisting residents with personal care, including washing, dressing and incontinence
- Be proactive in the care of residents, be part of there overall care in implementing or helping to implement care plans and update as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the home
- Accurate record keeping – maintaining daily notes
For further details about the position, get in touch, I’d love to hear from you! Call 01633 415346 asking for James, apply through our website, or email your CV direct to James@bluestonesmedical.co.uk
Look forward to hearing from you!